On Dec 3, 2007, at 10:01 PM, Vijayant Bhatnagar wrote:

Hi,
Since we have started working on TinyOS a week back, I may be wrong. The following is the change I made:
Please correct me if I am wrong :

call GainRadioModel.putOnAirTo(destNode, sending, metadata- >ack, evt->time, power, power); //Modified by Vijayant

This is problematic. You are setting the TX power of the receiver's ACK to be the same TX power as the transmitter. The reason this is problematic is because the two might not have the same TX powers, and if the receiver's power is lower than the transmitters you might get lots of false negative acks. By setting it in this way, you assume a perfectly consistent TX power setting scheme, which is not achievable in practice. It would make your results fictional and unachievable in reality.

As for what those values can be, you should consult chip data sheets (e.g., CC1000, CC2420).

Phil