Thanks fellows for your useful inputs. Well apparently, I did dig deeper
into the CC2420 datasheet and what I have decided to do is to use the
CC2420 transmitter test modes i.e. TX_MODE = 3 (as given in CC2420
datasheet page 65). The idea to use a modulated signal and just send out
the Synchronization header, I think that would be enough to raise the SDF
interrupt at the receiver end.

Jonas,

I am working on a time synchronization protocol according to which, on
reception of an incoming pulse, the receiver has to reply in the same
manner via a broadcast message. Now according to the default stack, as I
mentioned above and you all know very well, that from the point of
initiating a send signal to the point when it should be received, 10's of
ms of delay is already experienced, now what I want to achieve is to reduce
this delay between the send and receive, because according to my approach
the smaller the time between send/rec the better the synchronization would
be.

Thanks!

BR,
Wasif