From: Thomas Schmid [mailto:thomas.sch...@gmail.com]
Sent: Saturday, February 09, 2013 12:15 AM
To: wasif masood
Cc: janricliutinyos; tinyos forum
Subject: Re: [Tinyos-help] Time to transmit in CC2420!

Wasif,

Not sure how you are synchronizing, but have a look at how packet timestamps
are implemented. You get a timestamp at transmit (SFD rise on the
transmitter) that gets added to the packet that is about to be sent out. The
CC2420 actually lets you fill the TXFIFO while it is already in transmit, as
long as you are fast enough. The receiver then timestamps the SFD, and
voila, you have an almost perfect "signal"
between the two nodes. The time between SFD rise on the transmit to SFD rise
on the receive is ~3.1us with a confidence interval of ~200ns.

- Thomas