Wasid,

You probably can't reduce that, at least not without digging deep into
the radio stack code.

Notice that there is a significant delay between issuing send and the
packet actually going out. First, the SPI resource needs to be
acquired. Then, the packet is uploaded to the TX FIFO of the radio
chip. The SPI clock rate is 256kbps, so it takes more time to upload a
packet to the radio chip than to actually transmit it! After the
packet is uploaded to the FIFO, the backoff timer is started. No
matter if you set the initial backoff to 0, it will take some time
till the timer is fired. Then, the CCA is carried out, and if the
channel is clear, the send strobe is issued. That's when the radio
chip starts sending the preamble.

If acknowledgements are off, the sendDone event is signaled from a
task which was posted from the interrupt context that was triggered by
the SFD pin going low after the last byte of the packet is
transmitted. If acknowledgements are on, there are further delays: the
driver waits for the ack to arrive (or timeouts), and the sendDone
event is signaled only after that.

To sum it up, this clearly takes several tens of milliseconds.

The question is, why do you want to reduce this time? What do you want
to achieve and why?

Janos