From: Don Allen [dal...@langara.bc.ca]
Sent: Thursday, December 17, 2009 5:13 PM
To: Teaching in the Psychological Sciences (TIPS)
Subject: Re: [tips] It's that plagiarism time of year again...

Hi Carol-

I always liked the CLOZE method. You just make a copy of the paper and take a
marker and black out about 20 key words. You then make a copy of the blacked
out version, hand it to the student and ask him/her to tell you what word they
used. A student who actually wrote the paper will be right most of the time. A
student who didn't write it will usually be a ball of sweat by the fifth word.

Hope that helps,

-Don.