Nancy,

I know it is a stepping stone and most part-timers
have been trying to become full-time and on the tenure
track but have not been able to for many reasons
beyond their control. The big reason being lack of
full-time offers in comparison to part-time offers and
this is not because there is not a need for
full-timers but instead because hiring more
part-timers will save money for the institution and
this seems to be the only concern.

Payam