Gary Klatsky wrote:

>David
>
>I would like to see the reading list you have for the intro psych through
>science fiction...

Gary,
Here it is. The readings are dated--I taught this in the 80s. The
stories are grouped by class meeting
for the twice-a-week course.
--Dave

> PSYC 180: PSYCHOLOGY THROUGH SCIENCE FICTION
>
> Abnormal Psychology
> Industrial Complex (Bob Leman)
> That Frog (Michael Shea)
>
> The Last One Left (Bill Pronzini & Barry N. Malzberg)
> With a Finger in My I (David Garrold)
>
> The Liberation of Josephine (Charles W. Runyon)
> Going Down Smooth (Robert Silverberg)
>
> Testing
> The Armageddon Decision (Herbie Brennan)
> The Man in the Rorschach Shirt (Ray Bradbury)
>
> The Examination (Felix C. Gotschalk)
>
> Developmental Psychology
> Mimsy Were the Borogoves (Lewis Padgett)
>
> For Value Received (Andrew J. Offutt)
>
> That Only a Mother (Judith Merril)
>
> The Funeral (Kate Wilhelm)
>
> Ching Witch! (Ross Rocklynne)
> The Big Space Fuck (Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.)
>
> Let Us Prey (Gary Jennings)
>
> Deathbird (Harlan Ellison)
>
> Learning Theory
> Learning Theory (James McConnell)
>
> Easy Ed (Joseph Green & Patrice Milton)
>
> Physiological Psychology
> Flowers for Algernon (Daniel Keyes)
>
> Not to the Swift (James Patrick Kelly)
>
> In the House of Double Minds (Robert Silverberg)
>
> Perception
> Old Rocking Chair's Got Me (Suzette Haden Elgin)
>
> Shattered Like a Glass Goblin (Harlan Ellison)
>
> The Orpheus Implant (Nicholas Yermakov)
>
> Social Psychology
> Bounty (T. L. Sherred)
>
> Seventh Victim (Robert Sheckley)
> Along the Scenic Route (Harlan Ellison)
>
> The 10:00 Report (Edward Bryant)
> Bleeding Stones (Harlan Ellison)
>
> Delusion for a Dragon Slayer (Harlan Ellison)
> Neon (Harlan Ellison)
>
> When It Changed (Joanna Russ)
> Ernest and the Machine God (Harlan Ellison)
>
> On the Downhill Side (Harlan Ellison)
> O Ye of Little Faith (Harlan Ellison)
>
> King of the Hill (Chad Oliver)

David E. Campbell, Ph.D.        [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Department of Psychology        Phone: 707-826-3721
Humboldt State University       FAX:   707-826-4993
Arcata, CA  95521-8299          www.humboldt.edu/~campbell/psyc.htm