As reported on ABC news scientists are skeptical of the 8 glasses per day for
optimum health. There is no evidence for the benefits of any quantity
of water.As to the benefits to the kidneys and skin-there is no evidence.
They do support drinking lots of water in severe hot climate prolonged habitat
where one may be wise to consume anywhere from 11 to 15 glasses.
They point out that we receive  20% of water needs  through the moisture in
food.
But the 8 glasses daily requirement have not being scientifically supported.
Btw,when I was running rats at Wichita State and Mizzou we always made sure
that there was enough water for the rats.Was that really necessary?
or is this just another factor in the domesticated paradigm?
We controlled the quantity of food,but boy,did we make sure that they had
enough water.

Michael Sylvester,PhD
Daytona Beach,Florida
                                     "give me eight pina coladas." Garth Brooks