made sure that there was enough water for the rats..." is the key. Water
deprivation is tricky, and though it is done, it can go bad very quickly and
become lethal (not to mention cruel).
Carol

Carol L. DeVolder, Ph.D.
Professor of Psychology
Chair, Department of Psychology
St. Ambrose University
518 West Locust Street
Davenport, Iowa 52803

Phone: 563-333-6482
e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
web: http://web.sau.edu/psychology/psychfaculty/cdevolder.htm

The contents of this message are confidential and may not be shared with anyone
without permission of the sender.

> Btw,when I was running rats at Wichita State and Mizzou we always made
> sure that there was enough water for the rats.Was that really necessary?
>
> or is this just another factor in the domesticated paradigm?
>
> We controlled the quantity of food,but boy,did we make sure that they
> had enough water.
>

> Michael Sylvester,PhD
>
> Daytona Beach,Florida
>
>                                      "give me eight pina coladas."