I was actually surprised that ABC decided this was "news." This one has
been debunked repeatedly over the past decade or so.  I seem to see a
"new" story on it every few months. I suspect that because various
healthy-woman-oriented drink powder (aka "crystals") companies still
advertise using the refrain about "getting my eight glasses a day," it
is worth repeating, but it is certainly nothing new.

Chris Green
York U.
Toronto