Jim Clark wrote:
> Are we sure that psychology is hard?  Or, to be more precise, harder than
> other intro level courses?

I'm pretty sure it's not (having taken some math, comp sci, biology,
poli sci, and philosophy courses in my time), but that doesn't keep
students who haven't from thinking that it is.

I'll repeat my old (bitter) joke -- psychology is so popular a major
because it demands neither the level of math required by the natural
sciences, nor the amount of reading required by the humanities.

Chris
--

Christopher D. Green
Department of Psychology

416-736-2100 ex. 66164
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.yorku.ca/christo/

"Part of respecting another person is taking the time to criticise his
or her views."

   - Melissa Lane, in a /Guardian/ obituary for philosopher Peter Lipton