There's a good exercise on this in the instructor's manual that comes with the
Myers intro text; it was compiled by Martin Bolt. I've used it a bunch of
times, and it works great!
________________________________
From: Don Allen [dal...@langara.bc.ca]
Sent: Tuesday, August 11, 2009 6:37 PM
To: Teaching in the Psychological Sciences (TIPS)
Subject: Re: [tips] question

I didn't post the original, but from memory here are a few of the ones that I
used at the start of each semester:

Santa Claus lives at the North Pole

People need oxygen to live

2 + 2 = 4

There is life after death

The moon is made of green cheese

Money buys happiness

I would then ask the students to identify any statements that they knew to be
true or knew to be false. I used this to lead into a discussion of how we
"know" something to be true/false.

Hope that helps.

-Don.