What an interesting article, Jim.  It agrees with developmental findings
that I've read about African-American attitudes toward parenting, but
honestly, I've hesitated to discuss this in class.  I have very few black
students, and worry that if I interjected this, it could be oversimplified
and misconstrued.  I'd be very interested if you'd share a little of what
your students think about the article.
Beth Benoit
Granite State College
Plymouth State University