At 9:41 AM -0400 9/2/99, Miguel Roig wrote:
>Yesterday's Metro section of the New York Times featured an article
>titled: "To
>professors' dismay, ratings by student go on line".  The article focussed on
>the current trend of establishing websites by either students, or by the
>institutions themselves, where information about course evaluations is readily
>available.  There is one independent website, http://www.collegestudent.com/,
>where one can select a school and track down by course or by professor,
>evaluations provided anonymously by students....

Obviously, we need to lobby for an extension to the Data Privacy Act so
that Professors cannot be held accountable for their performance.
Why should students be the only ones with this privelege?

* PAUL K. BRANDON               [EMAIL PROTECTED]  *
* Psychology Department                        507-389-6217 *
*     "The University formerly known as Mankato State"      *
*    http://www.mankato.msus.edu/dept/psych/welcome.html    *