Hello,

I am planning on exposing my intro students to a good deal of primary
source material this semester.  My goal here is to give them a greater
appreciation for theoretical and methodological considerations that they
might not get otherwise.  I would like to assign one primary reading for
each of the following chapters.

Neuroscience-
Behavioral Genetics-
Sensation/Perception-
Development-
Consciousness-
Learning-
Memory-
Language-
Psychological Disorders-
Stress and Health-
Social-

If you had to pick one article for each area, what would it be?  The
requirements of your nominations (for my purposes) are as follows:

1. I cannot be tremendously complex methodologically, or esoteric
theoretically.

2. It must be of "reasonable length" (define this as you see fit, but
brief is better).

3. I must have a hook for 1st year students.

4. It must be reasonably well done.

Note that the paper need not be current, seminal, or even important in
the grand scheme of the sub-discipline. Most of these types of studies
they can read about in their textbook. I simply want to give the
students a good feel for what it is that experimental psychologists do
and what kinds of things they discover.

John G. Neuhoff
Department of Psychology
The College of Wooster