>===== Original Message From John Neuhoff <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> =====
>Hello,
>
>I am planning on exposing my intro students to a good deal of primary
>source material this semester.  My goal here is to give them a greater
>appreciation for theoretical and methodological considerations that they
>might not get otherwise.  I would like to assign one primary reading for
>each of the following chapters.

-snip-

John -

Have you thought about using Hock's "Forty Studies that Changed Psychology"?
Hock does a good job of providing background information for the reader, a
summary of the methodology and results, then discusses the outcomes of the
study and their significance (practical application as well as possible
foundation for later studies).  I've used it in 200-level classes (i.e., 2nd
semester freshmen) and students don't seem to have a problem reading the
material at all.

Kirsten

Hock, R. R.  (1999).  _Forty studies that changed psychology:  Explorations
into the history of psychological research_ (3rd ed.).  Upper Saddle River,
NJ:  Simon & Schuster.

Kirsten L. Rewey
Department of Psychology
St. Mary's University of Minnesota