Can someone clarify a question about myelin for me? Schiffman's
Sensation & Perception book (5th ed., 2000, p. 13) says: "Myelin is made of
protective and nutritive cells (called glial cells)...."

I was under the impression that glia cells were something different from myelin
(i.e., supportive and perhaps nutritive cells interspersed among neurons). My
study of this content is, I will note, very far from recent and maybe I just
don't remember this correctly, or maybe this is relatively new information.

Any help?

Pat Cabe

Patrick Cabe, Ph.D.
Department of Psychology
University of North Carolina at Pembroke
One University Drive
Pembroke, NC 28372-1510

(910) 521-6630

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

"Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty."
Thomas Jefferson

"There is the danger that everyone waits
idly for others to act in his stead."
Albert Einstein

"Majorities simply follow minorities.
Gandhi