It appears that some students may be opting to take an I in a course
and/or some teachers may be giving some students Incompletes hoping
that on the retake and make-up work the student will eventfully
make a C in the course or a higher grade. One of my colleagues was
called in by a Dean because he was not flunking some students:
He  felt that he was just going to give them additional work.
Are there any statistics on the frequency of grades when an I has been
removed?
What is your take on Incompletes and their eventual conversion to letter
grades?

Michael Sylvester,PhD
Daytona Beach,Florida