This semester I am doing my first grading of papers submitted electronically.
What I'm doing is what occurred to me to be sensible, using the comments
feature of Word to make notes and attaching a grade rubric table to the end of
the paper that I fill with the points earned.

However, I can imagine a more natural approach based on use of a pen-tablet
user interface. It might be quicker, yet accomplish the same thing. What
experience and knowledge do any of you have with such devices and/or methods?
(I'm thinking in terms of my technology request for next year, of course.)

Thanks in anticipation of great ideas forthcoming.

Paul Bernhardt
Dept of Psychology
Frostburg State University
pcbernhardt _at_ frostburg _dot_ edu