For general psych in the past I used a text by Mynatt & Doherty that is sadly
no longer in print.  It was excellent pedagogically, well-written, and cheap as
hell -- no pretty pictures, but a lot of data and discussion of how we get the
data and how we use the data to tell us what to believe.  Each chapter was
centered around an "empirical generalization" -- only one -- and the chapter
consisted of the experiments and data that supported that generalization.  It
was cool.

It's sad that it went out of print; I have to feel it did so because so many
people adopted the giant, 700-page encyclopedic texts that are, to my way of
teaching, impossible to get through in a semester, anyway.

I wonder if Allyn & Bacon would consider re-issuing that text if enough of us
asked for it?

Marc Carter, PhD
Associate Professor and Chair
Department of Psychology
College of Arts & Sciences
Baker University

The information contained in this e-mail and any attachments thereto ("e-mail")
is sent by Baker University ("BU") and is intended to be confidential and for
the use of only the individual or entity named above. The information may be
protected by federal and state privacy and disclosures acts or other legal
rules. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are
notified that retention, dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail
is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error please
immediately notify Baker University by email reply and immediately and
permanently delete this e-mail message and any attachments thereto. Thank you.

http://fsulist.frostburg.edu/u?id=13090.68da6e6e5325aa33287ff385b70df5d5&n=T&l=tips&o=4365
or send a blank email to
leave-4365-13090.68da6e6e5325aa33287ff385b70df...@fsulist.frostburg.edu