Beth, you're right.  Just wanted a clarification.  What further complicates the
already complications it is the distorting and often blinding and deafening
emotion involved that makes it hard for us to understand the complications that
come with being human, not to mention that we don't know a lot about his
upbringing.  Too much is left to surmising, interpretations, and witnesses who
wouldn't pass muster on a courtroom stand.  I once presented a major paper at
an historical conference in the days I was researching and writing about Nazi
Germany.  It was called "Hitler Was A Human Being"  that talked about his likes
and dislikes, his foibles, his strengths and weaknesses, etc.  Boy, did I get
nailed to the wall!  But, we can demonize a person like Hitler without
dehumanizing him.  If nothing else we must understand him and his times.
Understanding doesn't mean agreement or support.  It just means understanding
without judgmental boos or applause.

Make it a good day

-Louis-

Louis Schmier                                   http://www.the
randomthoughts.edublogs.org
Department of History                        http://www.therandomthoughts.com
Valdosta State University
Valdosta, Georgia 31698                     /\   /\  /\                 /\
/\
(O)  229-333-5947                            /^\\/  \/   \   /\/\__   /   \  /
 \
(C)  229-630-0821                           /     \/   \_ \/ /   \/ /\/  /  \
 /\  \
   \_/__\  \
                                               /\"If you want to climb
mountains,\ /\