I said:

> >_Science Daily_ has an informative news item on it headed
> >"Women's Choices, Not Abilities, Keep Them out of Math-Intensive
> >Fields at http://tinyurl.com/2f3bo59

Allen E. commented:

> The Science Daily article relates to this book cited by Stephen:
> >Ceci, S. and Williams, W. (2010) Sex Differences in Math-Intensive
> >Fields _Current Directions in Psychological Science_ October
> >2010 19: 275-279, first published on October 4, 2010 ...
> >abstract at http://cdp.sagepub.com/content/19/5/275.abstract

A bit of  confusion here. My cite refers, not to their book, but  to
a short readable summary they just published in Current
Directions. Possibly they felt the need to publish that summary
because few were willing to take on their formidable tome itself
(as Allen notes).

In the article I cited, they do list it under "Recommended
Reading", and give their own blurb as follows:

 "Provides a comprehensive, highly accessible overview of what
is known about sex differences in math-intensive field, based on
more than 400 published studies, and containing the references
for many of the claims made in this article".

The book is:

Ceci, S. and Williams, W. (2010). The mathematics of sex: How
biology and society conspire to limit talented women and girls.
Oxford.

BTW, Ceci kindly responded seemingly within minutes to my e-
mail request to him for his article. I didn't ask for the book!

Stephen

Stephen L. Black, Ph.D.
Professor of Psychology, Emeritus
Bishop's University