On 27 November 2010 Michael Sylvester wrote:
>It is probably only in the U.S that spanking is viewed
>as negative...

Michael, I think you'll find that the Scandinavian countries
comfortably outdo the U.S. in this respect, as well as some other
European countries.

Allen Esterson
Former lecturer, Science Department
Southwark College, London
allenester...@compuserve.com
http://www.esterson.org

--------------------------------

From:   michael sylvester <msylves...@copper.net>
Subject:        Re: On Objectivity - and what research findings make us
uncomfortable?
Date:   Sat, 27 Nov 2010 07:01:39 -0200
Comfortable/uncomfortable,eh! What's that? This must be the touchy
feely aspect of Britt's research paradigm.It should not be a matter of
whether one is uncomfortable with research findings.However  we are
talking about methodology flaws and although reliability can have a
high  degree of internal consistency,whether the findings  has any
external validity  is a different story.
It is well known that spanking is the most universal method of
correcting behavior on the planet and does not produce
any irreparable harmful effects.It is probably only in the U.S that
spanking is viewed as negative and lots of the blame can be placed on
U.S psychology.There is a penchant,in the U.S ,to  anticipate vague
premonitions of disaster in certaun behavioral parameters that never
come to fruition.

Michael "omnicentric"  Sylvester,PhD
Daytona Beach,Florida

http://fsulist.frostburg.edu/u?id=13090.68da6e6e5325aa33287ff385b70df5d5&n=T&l=tips&o=6794