>From the beginning, Spearman posited both the g (general) factor which
>underlies most specific cognitive abilities (S1, S2, etc.) and explains the
>correlation bewteen them. He did not say there was only g, just that g
>explained the correlation between widely divergent specific abilities.

The authors of the new study are quoted as saying that g is an "artifact of
interacting distinct brain areas engaged in different types of processing." How
would that interaction produce an artifact simulating underlying relationships
between these specific abilities? Does that make any sense?

Rick

Dr. Rick Froman, Chair
Division of Humanities and Social Sciences
John Brown University
Siloam Springs, AR  72761
rfro...@jbu.edu