Dear Tipsters,

Continuing on Claudia's lighter side, whenever we consider results in the
research methods course (either from an article or one of our projects), I
always ask the class to say what their eyeballs are telling them. Then we look
at the stats to see if the eyeballs are correct or not.

Ocularity is a great teaching technique!

Sincerely,

Stuart

                                   "Floreat Labore"

                               [cid:image001.jpg@01CE4010.C71BB7E0]
            "Recti cultus pectora roborant"

Stuart J. McKelvie, Ph.D.,     Phone: 819 822 9600 x 2402
Department of Psychology,         Fax: 819 822 9661
Bishop's University,
2600 rue College,
Sherbrooke,
Québec J1M 1Z7,
Canada.

E-mail: stuart.mckel...@ubishops.ca<mailto:stuart.mckel...@ubishops.ca> (or
smcke...@ubishops.ca<mailto:smcke...@ubishops.ca>)

Bishop's University Psychology Department Web Page:
http://www.ubishops.ca/ccc/div/soc/psy<blocked::http://www.ubishops.ca/ccc/div/soc/psy>

                         Floreat Labore"

                             [cid:image002.jpg@01CE4010.C71BB7E0]

[cid:image003.jpg@01CE4010.C71BB7E0]