From: "Stuart McKelvie" <smcke...@ubishops.ca>
To: "Teaching in the Psychological Sciences (TIPS)" <tips@fsulist.frostburg.edu>
Sent: Tuesday, April 23, 2013 10:53:24 AM
Subject: RE: [tips] Polling...

Dear Tipsters,

Continuing on Claudia’s lighter side, whenever we consider results in the research methods course (either from an article or one of our projects), I always ask the class to say what their eyeballs are telling them. Then we look at the stats to see if the eyeballs are correct or not.

Ocularity is a great teaching technique!

Sincerely,

Stuart

                                   "Floreat Labore"

            "Recti cultus pectora roborant"

Stuart J. McKelvie, Ph.D.,     Phone: 819 822 9600 x 2402

Department of Psychology,         Fax: 819 822 9661

Bishop's University,

2600 rue College,

Sherbrooke,

Québec J1M 1Z7,

Canada.

E-mail: stuart.mckel...@ubishops.ca (or smcke...@ubishops.ca)

Bishop's University Psychology Department Web Page:

http://www.ubishops.ca/ccc/div/soc/psy

                         Floreat Labore"

You are currently subscribed to tips as: ku...@mail.plymouth.edu.

or send a blank email to leave-25181-13338.f659d005276678c0696b7f6beda66...@fsulist.frostburg.edu