Michael alerted me back channel that not many from TIPS have responded.  I
think this is an interesting bit of news:  i.e., are psychology profs more
likely to be liberal or conservative.

What say you, colleagues?

I'm quite liberal.  Anyone else willing to admit to one side or the other?

Beth Benoit
Plymouth State University
Plymouth, New Hampshire

On Sat, Mar 1, 2014 at 8:34 AM, Michael Britt <mich...@thepsychfiles.com>wrote:

> After reading articles like this one:
>
> "...90.6 percent of social and personality psychologists describe
> themselves as liberal on social issues (compared with 3.9 percent who
> describe themselves as conservative), and 63.2 percent describe themselves
> as liberal on economic issues (compared with 10.3 percent who describe
> themselves as conservative)."
>

> http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jarryd-willis/polarized-psychology-is-science-devalued-in-a-divided-society_b_4839207.html
>
> one of my Psych Files facebook members asks, "Are most psychologists
> liberal?  Does the liberal mindset affect the way Psychology is understood
> and even taught?".  Good questions.  Are we all mostly liberal?
>
> Michael A. Britt, Ph.D.
> mich...@thepsychfiles.com
> http://www.ThePsychFiles.com
> Twitter: @mbritt
>
> ---
>
> You are currently subscribed to tips as: beth.ben...@gmail.com.
>
> To unsubscribe click here:
> http://fsulist.frostburg.edu/u?id=13105.b9b37cdd198e940b73969ea6ba7aaf72&n=T&l=tips&o=35019
>
> (It may be necessary to cut and paste the above URL if the line is broken)
>
> or send a blank email to
> leave-35019-13105.b9b37cdd198e940b73969ea6ba7aa...@fsulist.frostburg.edu

http://fsulist.frostburg.edu/u?id=13090.68da6e6e5325aa33287ff385b70df5d5&n=T&l=tips&o=35036
or send a blank email to