In all honesty, I think there is nothing like plugging number into formulas to
make one really understand then internal mechanics of statistical (and other
mathematical/computational) procedures. If all you do is line the data up and
out pops and answer on the other side, nothing was learned. It might as well
have been magic.

Chris
…..
Christopher D Green