It is an external USB hard drive designed specifically to be plugged into a 
TiVo.




________________________________
From: S a n r <[email protected]>
To: [email protected]
Sent: Friday, February 6, 2009 8:53:15 AM
Subject: Re: [TiVo Central] Is my HD starting to go...?


Its been happening to mine too for a couple weeks now. Both my machines 
[S3HD and Sony DVR] are less than two years old and so it seems unfeasible 
that the hard drive would be going on either.
Also, the CC is sometimes minutes behind, and only by hitting FF does it 
catch up but it only helps for a short time. This was on a DVD that it 
happened, but the CC is almost always behind on live TV.

I don't know what a DVR expander is. Is it something that you added yourself 
or something built in to the unit ?

Best,
Sandra

I started having occasional problems like that and after a couple of
months it turned out to be the hard drive. For me, the issue was the
hard drive in a my DVR expander but because of the way they format
the drives, I couldn't tell that without erasing the program
information on both drives and running the Tivo HD without the DVR
attached for a few days.

With our Tivo, the problems occurred once every few weeks to start
off but then later it started happening a few times a week requiring
a reboot of the Tivo to have it start working again. Finally it was
happening a few times an hour and we decided to make an effort to
troubleshoot and fix the problem.

Regards,

Jay
On Feb 3, 2009, at 12:45 PM, Dave in Boston wrote:

> I noticed during a few programs.... when playing back a program, the
> picture
> freezes for 3-4 seconds...and then continues.
>
> It appears that these were recorded this way, cuz when I play back
> that
> section, it does the same thing again.
>
> The other night I recorded the Colbert Report (the one with Paul
> McCartney
> as guest). The program got to about 15 minutes in....and the
> picture froze.
> When I fast-forwarded the show...or rewind...the picture stays
> frozen from
> that point...to the end of the show.
>
> Anyone have any idea? Is this my HD starting to go?

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

------------ --------- --------- ------

Yahoo! Groups Links





      

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Reply via email to