Our S3 started wigging out on us today. The first symptom was weird 
behavior when fast forwarding. It would stick on a frame, although the 
FF was apparently still going on because when you hit Play you'd be 
further along in the program. Then at the end of the show the system 
just froze. No "delete/keep" dialog, no nothing. No key presses worked. 
So we rebooted.

It was OK for a few minutes, then we got into a situation where live TV 
was working but no keypresses were accepted. Another reboot. Sensing 
badness, I decided to copy down as much setting information as I could 
-- season passes and wish lists especially. I got all the season passes 
down, but when I went to the wish list page the system froze again. 
Actually it didn't totally freeze. I got the Wish List title across the 
top, but a blank screen. Then after a while the "Please Wait" icon 
popped up. After looking at that for about 10 minutes I gave up and went 
to the other room to write this note.

I'll call Tivo support tomorrow as I suspect that the box is dying. 
(More specifically I suspect the drive is dying and the box is 
feverishly trying to read from it and getting zillions of errors.) But 
in the meantime I thought I'd query the list to see if there were any 
last-ditch things I could do. Any ideas?

Thanks.

- Jeff

Reply via email to