I'm not sure, I've never had to do it.  Websearch kickstart tivo.
This thread seems to have better information but I still don't see exactly what 
the affect is.
http://tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?t=397882




________________________________
From: Jeff Allison <[email protected]>
To: [email protected]
Sent: Wednesday, March 25, 2009 10:41:40 AM
Subject: Re: [TiVo Central] S3 on the fritz


On 3/25/2009 7:50 AM, Jeremy Sullivan wrote:

> Any luck Jeff?

The system was back to acting normal yesterday so I haven't tried this 
yet. I assume the "repair" is a disk check. What data do you lose when 
you do this? Losing guide data is no big thing, but recreating season 
passes and wish lists is a bit of a pain.

Thanks.

- Jeff

> ____________ _________ _________ __
> From: Jeff Allison <Jeff.Allison@ amate.us <mailto:Jeff. Allison%40amate. us>>
> To: tivocentral@ yahoogroups. com <mailto:tivocentral %40yahoogroups. com>
> Sent: Tuesday, March 24, 2009 10:55:34 AM
> Subject: Re: [TiVo Central] S3 on the fritz
> 
> On 3/24/2009 5:51 AM, Jeremy Sullivan wrote:
> 
>  > All I can think of is to kick start the TiVo. It will bring up the Green
>  > Screen of Death (or of Intensive care) that will run a disk check.
>  > Failing that, you might see if you could make an image of that drive?
> 
>  > 1. Uplug the TiVo for 10-15 seconds
>  > 2. Plug in the TiVo and hold the yellow pause button on the remote until
>  > the yellow light shows on the front of the TiVo.
>  > 3. Release the pause button and type 57.
>  > The TiVO will reboot and a green screen will appear stating that the
>  > TiVo has encountered an error and may take up to 3 hours to repair it
>  > If you do not see this screen, repeat the Kick Start procedure. The
>  > error has been repaired, the TiVo will restart. You will need to
>  > download program information again.
> 
> Thanks, this is what I was looking for. I'll try this tonight.
> 
> - Jeff
> 
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
> 
> 


   


      

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Reply via email to