Ya, I miss the auto-skip....

And, I didn't join the PVR thing until Jan 2003.....as the latest in my 
fleet of VCRs started to wear out, I had planned to only acquire PVRs as 
VCRs wore out, but once I started, I was hooked.  First was a ReplayTV 
5160.  Then 5040s, a 5060 and then 5080s... At the peek I had 7 
ReplayTVs.  Now I'm down to just 2 (lifetime) units....where they record 
stuff, but I never watch....

I didn't get my first TiVo until Mar 2008....got it on woot.com....got a 
second one in Jul 2008.  I came so close to buying a 3rd one last 
month...until I sat down and worked out how to make all the new fall 
shows fit among 4 tuners.

I guess I keep the ReplayTVs around incase the TiVo's fail to record 
something (or digital was unwatchable or not available....there were a 
few times where I recorded a banner that says tune to the analog channel 
to watch the show).....but I haven't.  Since I'm addicted to HD, and 
have forked out to download the missed shows to my TiVo (or my AppleTV).

The Dreamer.

[email protected] wrote:
> I believe ReplayTV was launched in 1999, too, at the same CES in Las Vegas. I 
> surely miss its Auto-Skip feature which the TV industry attacked and beat 
> down. 
>
>   

Reply via email to