Once upon a time bobg12546 shaped the electrons to say...
> but that appears to be all.  I upgraded the 40 GB drive 5 years ago
> to a 160 and kept the 40 so Installed it and still nothing.  I do

Can you tell if the drive is spinning up at all?  Either one.

> working.  The other thing I notice is that I'm using a cable
> connection and then the RF out to a small portable TV.  If I set the
> Tivo RF modulator to channel 3 and turn on the TV to channel 3 I get
> a blank screen.  When I unplug the Tivo, I get the normal TV
> channels so the modulator must be getting power.

Can you try one of the other outputs - composite or S-Video?  It is
possible that the RF modulator died, so the TiVo can't output on RF
anymore.  It is possible for one output on a TiVo to work and others
to fail.

> Any suggestions as to what I might try next?

If all of the outputs are dead and the drive is spinning up, it could
be a main board failure.  In that case there isn't much to do.  You
could try another drive, but I wouldn't spend much just in case the
board is dead.

If another output works, then you can use an external RF modulator.

-MZ
-- 
megazone-at-megazone.org  http://www.MegaZone.org/   Gweep, Geek, Human, me.
http://www.GizmoLovers.com/ http://www.Eyrie-Productions.com/ -><- Hail Eris
"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men" 508-852-2171

Reply via email to