My first real computer back in 1989 memory cost $100 per Meg.  We got a 
screamin fast 8 meg machine with a massive 65 meg hard drive.  Yep, 25 MHz 
clock speed, it was impressive for  $3k.  Ok, it was hardly a screamin fast 
machine, but it worked.

now if only cars could improve at the same rate as computers, getting 2x as 
powerful and 1/2 the cost every couple of years.

Glen

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "MegaZone" <[email protected]>
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Monday, October 05, 2009 11:51 AM
Subject: Re: [TiVo Central] Since we're talking about hard drives.....


> Once upon a time Glen Farney shaped the electrons to say...
>> My plan was to max out with a 1TB drive, as I suspected it costs only 
>> $100
>> or less, so $10 either way makes little difference.  I do plan to use the
>
> It still feels weird thinking of 1TB drives as inexpensive - I
> remember when $1/MB was a major breakthrough pricepoint, and then
> $1/GB.  I wonder how long until we see $1/TB...
> 

Reply via email to