I only shopped Amazon briefly and saw 3 year warrantees for both, but it was 
hardly an exhaustive search, for the most part the longest warrantee will 
likely get my vote, unless the buffer or some other spec becomes more 
important, which I doubt at this point.

Glen

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Jeremy Sullivan" <[email protected]>
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Monday, October 05, 2009 11:06 PM
Subject: Re: [TiVo Central] Since we're talking about hard drives.....


> Maybe it's different for the AV drives, but when I'm shopping for regular 
> old computer drives it's 3 years for WD and 5 for Seagate.  If the AVs are 
> 3 years across the board it's a wash.
>
>
>
>
> ________________________________
> From: Glen Farney <[email protected]>
> To: [email protected]
> Sent: Monday, October 5, 2009 6:39:53 PM
> Subject: Re: [TiVo Central] Since we're talking about hard drives.....
>
>
> I saw 3 year warrantees on both the WD and Seagate units for the AV 
> drives.
>
> I got my wife a 1TB Seagate FreeAgent, primarily due to the longer 
> warrantee
> than the other brands available.  The drives I purchased for my desktop (a
> 500g and 750g) are both Western Digital, though I forget warrantee and
> details at this point.  I don't really have any preference, except I want
> the most suitable drive for the application, good warrantee of course, and
> some power savings, presumably heat reduction comes with that.
>
> Hitachi seems to have a full lineup of drives for AV use, almost confusing
> on which of the many lines within the CinemaStar I should be looking at.
> Again I see the 8mb/32mb buffer choice, higher rotational speeds, green or
> not, almost too many.
>
> Glen
>
> ----- Original Message ----- 
> From: "Jeremy Sullivan" <jersu...@yahoo. com>
> To: <tivocentral@ yahoogroups. com>
> Sent: Monday, October 05, 2009 5:25 PM
> Subject: Re: [TiVo Central] Since we're talking about hard drives.....
>
>> Don't forget the warranty period.  I really like WD drives, but last I
>> looked Seagate had a much better warranty.
>>
>>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
>
>
> ------------------------------------
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links
>
>
>

Reply via email to