The new TiVo series 2 in my kitchen keeps on disappearing from my 
network. It is an 80 minute Series 2 TiVo with a TiVo wireless adapter. 
This setup worked fine for about 2 months. I could transfer files 
between the kitchen TiVo and the two other TiVos on my home network.

        About two weeks ago the kitchen TiVo disappeared from the network. When 
I tried to transfer a file from the kitchen to one of my other TiVos the 
other TiVo told me there were no recordings on the kitchen TiVo. I was 
able to get the other TiVos to see it again by powering down and then 
restarting.

        Today it disappeared from the network and cycling the power did not 
work. I had to redefine the network connection and it worked again. 
About 3 hours after it was working the system disappeared from the 
network again.

        The strange thing is that although the other TiVos cannot see the 
kitchen TiVo it has no problem connecting to TiVo to receive program 
updates. I have manually forced a connection to TiVo and there is no 
problem connecting. I have also run the network test and it works fine.

        I know this sounds crazy but the problem seems to have started when I 
went to the TiVo web site and gave my TiVos names so I call them Den, 
Kitchen and Bedroom rather than using the last 4 digits of the MAC address.

        The WiFi adapter used by the failing TiVo is a wireless adapter made by 
TiVo, my network is WPA using AES encryption. All of my other TiVos are 
near network jacks and are connected by Ethernet cable.

        Has anyone seen this type of behavior? What can I do to keep the 
kitchen TiVo visible to my other TiVos?

                                Ken G.

Reply via email to