Thomas Pornin <por...@bolet.org> writes:

>having some guarantees on non-fragmentations may help some implementations
>that are very constrained in ROM size and must stick to the simplest possible
>code.

It's not the code size, it's attack surface.  There have been endless attacks
on IP fragmentation and fragment reassembly, not to mention equally numerous
firewall/IDS bypasses by creative fragmentation.  So in my case not doing
fragmentation is a security thing, not a code-size thing (as was not doing
rehandshake, compression, and a pile of other things that have caused problems
in SSL/TLS in the past).

The fact that I've never encountered any embedded/SCADA device that handles or
requires fragmentation makes it ever easier.

Peter.