You need the 8025 port only for if you have tmda-ofmipd installed. In simple terms the tmda-ofmipd catches the emails you send and adds them automatically to your white list. TMDA will still work if you aren't using 8025.

This message confuses me:

Special instructions from your system administrator:

You will need to change the outgoing mail settings on your e-mail client to make full use of TMDA's features. Please set your SMTP port to 8025 (instead of 25). Contact the helpdesk if you need some assistance in doing this.

Why is this needed? And how is it setup? There is no open 8025 on my system. What did I not see in the install notes?