I was diagnoses with TM and with MS in May 2005. (The traditional events -
paralyzed below the waste, the strange pains etc, loose of bladder and lower GI
control - but the meds in the hospital got me back on track). The MS diagnoses
was removed after several testing.I was officially diagnosed with TM last April
2006. The prior year, I was diagnosed

  I have many questions but I'll just bring up one at a time.

  The question is - What can be done about banding problems? Should I see
another doctor and get medication? My current neurologist has really helped me
- he got me walking again, kept me from full time catheter ect. He doesn't
believe that anything can be done about the banding. His only comment is that
it is just another symptom.

  I have "banding" problems, if these is the correct term (I'm learning about
all these new terms). I have electrical shocks in the left side of my chest
that run like a single line. It feels like a electric cow prod being stuck to
my chest. Sometimes, it just hurts enough to take away my ability to talk.
Sometimes it hurts enough to knock me (literally) to my knees in pain. I have
nightmares sometimes - dreaming that I'm covering with stinging insects and I
wake up (and wake up anyone else in the house) screaming at the top of my lungs.

  I have had this banding problem for almost ten years now. I had an auto
accident in 2001 and doctors say that is what is causing the pain. But I had
the pain BEFORE the accident. Other doctors say that I pulled a muscle in my
chest and that is causing the pain.

  In 2004, the pain was so great that I went to a heart doctor in Birmingham,
AL. The doctor's thought that the symptoms were sig. enough to run some test. I
had a full blown cardiovascular check up - the works, the nuc. test, EKG,
stress u name it, I had it. The test showed that my heart was just as good as
"a four-year old's" and that my circulatory systems was better than average
(except a little cholesterol).

  My present neurologist says that the pain is coming from the TM but that
diagnoses is based on my 2005 official first diagnoses of TM.

  I also get the electric pains in my back, inside my lower GI, and rarely but
occasionally across my abdomen.

  I also get these muscle spasms that hurt like hell and I have to physically
pull at my muscles with my hands to get the muscles to stop contracting. I get
these in my right foot, the back of my right leg and more often in my abdomen.

  I have been having these muscle spasms since my mid-teens and they come and
go in sessions. I will go for months and sometimes years without them and then
they return for several weeks and then go away.

  It is embarrassing when the banding comes in public and I drop to my knees
and scream in pain. People think that I'm crazy and at work, in the past, I
have had employers document in writing that it interferes with my ability to
teach and students ability to learn.

  My second question is ...

  I'm not disabled, and don't want to be, and since the 1973 law and its
amendments don't deal directly with my situation, what can I do to protect
myself from future employers abuse?