There are all kinds of meds out there... It can be very confusing because we are all "unique" in how we experience the pain that comes with TM. I have tried a number of drugs; Cymbalta, lyrica, tegretol, but I have gone back to Neurontin. I take 600mg. 3 times a day. My banding is in my legs. I also have a great deal of numbness... makes it difficult to walk. TM hit me from the waist down. I also take vitamins... calcium, fish oil, B and coenzyme12 (?). When I travel, as I am now, I will take a vicodin or percocet... especially for long hours in a plane or car.... I do have awful leg cramping at times... and that seems so strange to me.... my legs don't work that well, constant pain, yet I can still feel a cramp in my calf??? Unless I'm looking at them I have a absolutely no idea where my feet and legs are going.... Tho I have to say the warm Arizona weather seems easier on my legs than the frigid cold of Northern Virginia...
Trudy

From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: randy rankin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, tmic-list@eskimo.com
Subject: Re: [TMIC] When should one get meds for banding pain?
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2007 15:03:14 -0800

---- randy rankin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

=============

The question is - What can be done about banding problems? Should I see another doctor and get medication?

Randy
I take 600mg neurontin and 10mg baclofen 4 times daily for the banding and needles and pins. I think a neuro should be open to letting you try various meds to see if any one helps you.
Patti - Michigan