From: Kevin Wolfthal [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, February 26, 2007 3:16 PM
To: tmic-list@eskimo.com
Subject: Re: [TMIC] numb hand

Candy,

Thank you for your reply.  As I mentioned, I had 2 Mri's fairly recently.
I've had about
8 Mri's in the past 10 years, plus a full body bone scan, and several EMG's.
I'm not
sure what good another Mri would be.

The problem is, there are no doctors in my area that properly understand TM,
and I
am too sick to travel to John's Hopkins to Dr. Kerr's office.  It took me 7
years to
get a final diagnosis of TM, and that was at Yale Hospital, a supposedly
reputable
medical facility.

I have never even been able to get a doctor to give me any pain medication.
I was
given Xanax to help me sleep, and told that it would help my pain.  Today it
feels
like my foot is being stabbed with a fork, and the fork is being twisted
around.

After almost 20 years of suffering, I pray every night that I pass in my
sleep.  And
anti-depressants don't help, I've tried.

Kevin

Candis Kalley wrote:

Kevin,

For what it is worth, I was told by my Neuro, physcial therarpist, and Dr.
Kerr at John Hopkins, that the lesions cause trouble from the point on.

I was first dx with lesions from T1 and T2 and possibly some at C4 down.
After 25 days, the lesions appeared from C4 down to T2 - This is when I had
the shooting nerve "pain" tingling and then the next morning I woke up to be
a complete quadaparaligic.  After PLEX treatments, I regained most of the
use of my hands and am able to walk with a cane or walker.  But I was left
with hardly any energy and strength.

Have a MRI as soon as possible - insist on it.

Candy K.