I too had a fairly quick onset of TM (still not fully diagnosed) Labor Day
weekend 2005.  Felt like i was standing on a live wire down both legs and
became paralyzed from the waist down.  Now can move my legs and even drive  but
cannot stand alone or walk without a walker.  My primary neuro still  thinks it
was an infarction of the spinal cord but several others including a  doctor at
the Cleveland clinic believe it is TM.  Perhaps it is one and the  same.
    Also,  I had been fighting taking Zocor for my  high cholestoral for
years and just that summer decided to take it (40mgs)   I had been taking it
for
about 6 weeks when this struck.  I also thought  that the statin drug had
something to do with this but all the drs. pooh poohed  it.  Even now, a year
and
one half later one dr. talked me into to taking  Lipitor (20mgs)  He says that
the statin drugs could not cause TM.  I  hope he is right.   Anyone else on
drugs for cholestoral.
    Any other thoughts??  Thanks,    Rosalie from sunny Fla. but now in
freezing NY for a  week.
http://www.aol.com.