Hi All,

I was trying to find information on the neuropathic pain we are all
experiencing since our TM attacks.  I clump all the various problems such as
cold/burning/numb/stiff/screaming skin (I think that covers most of it) under
the term neuropathic pain.  That is the term the Neurologist uses to describe
all of it.

My neuropathic pain, including spasticity, is much worse right now but I know
it is because of a combination of stress, doing too much, lack of sleep, too
little physiotherapy-type exercise, too much walking, too long sitting, etc.,
etc.  I'm sure we've all experienced some of these triggers but I'm having all
of them at the same time.

Re: allodynia, I was reading an article at
http://www.spineuniverse.com/displayarticle.php/article1614.html
and am copying just a couple of sentences here.  As we all know:  "neuropathic
pain is produced by damage to, or pathological changes in the peripheral or
central nervous systems."

"The hallmarks of neuropathic pain are chronic allodynia and hyperalgesia.
Allodynia is defined as pain resulting from a stimulus that ordinarily does not
elicit a painful response (eg. light touch). Hyperalgesia is defined as an
increased sensitivity to a normally painful stimuli".

It is quite a technical paper so I won't copy and paste anymore here but they
do mention types of treatments that we all know about, i.e., Amitriptyline and
Gabapentin (Neurontin).

Regards.

Louise