My problem is that when I have my feet up on the ottoman and someone wearing
shorts or a lab coat come up and rubbing the edge of the cloth my toes.  It
will send a shock up my leg and making my foot spasm.  Then want to know why
I'm afraid of people coming up to me.
  Todd in CC, TX

Gillian Clark <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

    Sally it's hypersensitivity to touch, or things that hurt that shouldn't
and vice versa.  pHranque will probably give you a much more medical
description though.     If you stuck a pin in me, I might not feel it but if
you rubbed a cotton wool ball over me ever so gently it would cause unbearable
pain, which is why my clothes hurt me so much.  Going nude isn't an option
either because a bit of a breeze, a splash of water, an   animal rubbing past,
all creators of bloody pain.

  The pain itself is the freeze/burn that you would have heard us speak of
often.

  Gilly

    I've looked up 'allodynia', but still don't really understand it.  I've
never heard of it before, and now 3 of you have just mentioned it.  Can you
give me an example of how it works?
  Sally