Hi Sally,

My nerve pain is like I have an extremely painful sunburn while sitting in  a
pool of ice.  That's the freezing/burning for me.  My lesion was at  T8-10,
and this is the most painful from just above the waist to my toes.   My torso
from about my bra strap to my waist is generally warm, but not hot or
freezing.  Not anywhere near as sensitive as the rest of my lower  half.

The sensitivity to touch is from waist to toes, and sometimes worse than
others.  The Neurontin is my drug of choice for this and is extremely  useful
for
it.  It's really easy to tell when it's time for my next dose  though, and
it's horrible if I'm running late and until that next one kicks  in.   Gosh, I
sound like a junkie, maybe I am and in denial.  Not  on a narcotic though,
other than occassionally.

Hugs, Barbara A