From: "Candis Kalley" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: 2007/05/09 Wed PM 01:56:02 EDT
To: "natalie mizenko" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, [EMAIL PROTECTED], "Transverse Myellitis" <tmic-list@eskimo.com>
Subject: Re: [TMIC] Another Symptom

Does this mean continious contracted?  I'd call it when spasticity even if it
is spastic rigidity or is that just a spasm?

Candy K

----- Original Message ----- From: natalie mizenko To: [EMAIL PROTECTED];Transverse Myellitis Sent: 5/9/2007 1:43:40 PM Subject: Re: [TMIC] Another Symptom

Yes, a neurologist saw me in the hospital and he said that I didn't have
spasticity because he moved my foot and it was floppy like ever.  He said see
you have no spasticity.  Natalie

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote: I believe spasticity involves rigidity rather than flopping or jerking movements. From the National Institute of Neurological Disorders:

'Spasticity is a condition in which certain muscles are continuously contracted.
This contraction causes stiffness or tightness of the muscles and may interfere with
movement, speech, and manner of walking."

http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/spasticity/spasticity.htm

Barbara H.
http://barbarah.wordpress.com/

In a message dated 5/4/2007 8:34:47 PM Eastern Daylight Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED]