I agree that Allen and his book is a good start.
I also agree with you, Akua, about the support that Allen has around him.
I think that some of us that are dealing with TM alone - no significate other,
spouse, family, or job we can continue on during our change in life - need to
write about our daily "opportunities".

I am planning on attending the regional meeting in Tampa, FL, on June 23.  This
is something that I plan on addressing - HOW DO WE GET THE WORD OUT ABOUT TM
and HOW DO WE REALLY GET MORE KNOWLEDGE TO THE MEDICAL FIELD (DR., NEURO,
NURSES, HOSPITALS, X-RAY TECHS, PT AND OT THERAPIST).  Also, how do we get the
government to back more research in spinal cord injuries and also what is
causing TM and MS?

By WE, I mean us TM'ers and the caregivers.  MS is much more known and yet
while TM is a "relative" of MS, TM is so ignored or ignorant in knownledge.

I do believe in the message that the Montel show was trying to convey -
individuals define themselves no matter what life throws at you.  You need to
learn to take what God has dealt you and help whomever and wherever you can.

I believe in the philosphy that we all are put on this earth for a reason, we
may never know why and it may not be immediate in the changing.  We all are
just one small piece of the puzzle and the whole picture isn't clear until all
the pieces are put together as a whole.

Well, that's my 2 cents on this subject.

Candy K.