hi -- Rochester is a good-sized city -- please get out the yellow pages and call around to the closest produce stores & small grocers, you'll be amazed at how many offer delivery. I am in Toronto, and I wrote a whole book on places that deliver a few years ago -- there were *hundreds* of stores, even tho most do not announce it (they don't want to be swamped). But if you tell them your situation, I know you'd find someone who would fill up a cart for you & have somebody bring it over. Even if they charge $10, it's cheaper than hiring that person to shop for you. I pay $10 to GroceryGateway.com, for any size order. I don't know what I would do without them! take care -- Michelle ----- Original Message ----- From: "Akua" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <tmic-list@eskimo.com>
Sent: Tuesday, June 12, 2007 6:28 PM
Subject: Re: [TMIC] grocery delivery

LOL! What part of America are you in?
There's nothing free around here.... and freelancers charge my elderly neighbors $20 hour plus gas to do their shopping. An entreprenuer brings a small "store" to our apartment building twice a week where she charges $1 for two apples or 4 bananas, 75 cents for a zuccchini, etc. There aren't any small grocery stores around, this is downtown Rochester and those who are ambulatory make their way to a drugstore ( Eckerd's? Walgreen?) that carries some junkfood.

I'm making a list for the social entrepreneur incubator.... maybe i could get funding to meet some of
my needs.
Akua

Hi everybody --- for those of you who do not have big grocery stores that deliver in your city, call around to all the fruit stores, small corner grocery stores and places like that. You'll be surprised at how many will deliver for $5 or something like that... and many are free.
take care -- Michelle

--

http://www.healrecover.blogspot.com
http://www.akualezli.blogspot.com