Sandy,

I wonder if my doctor would be legally liable if I get sick because I couldn't come
in and he refused to refill my blood pressure medication?

I think the doctors got together and figured out a way to milk out some moe
of our insurance money.

My last neurologist is still sending me a bill for an appointment I cancelled
24 hours in advance.  That office also 'lost' the results of an EMG I had,
yet they still charged my insurance company about $1600.  Can we say
'money factory'?  Then there was the time my Father was given heparin
to stop a heart attack.  They said there was a 1% chance of bleeding in
the brain.  He went into a coma from the heparin and never came out.

In case there's any doubt, I don't trust the medical profession.  For those
who are happy with their doctors, you are very lucky.

Kevin

Sandy Heidel wrote:
Yes, I did this dance with my neurologist in the past few months. I admit I have not been going as regularly as I used to (every three to six months). So when they called and said they were not going to refill my Rebif unless I came in I was not happy. I managed to convince the nurse to give me a month refill after I booked an appt.

Then she proceeded to scold me and tell me that I was supposed to return after my last visit to get the results of an MRI. I got those results over the phone and a hard copy in the mail and I do not recall being told I had to come in for them. The standard procedure (in my experience since 98) was that I get the results over the phone from the nurse unless I want to come in and discuss them.
Both of my regular nurses are gone and the new one is a ditz.

I had my appt and it was a waste of everyone's time. I had a ton of lab work and asked that I be called with the results. A week later still no results, so I called the nurse. She said the blood work was "Fine" or she would have called me. Again, not the procedure I am used to. I get a call no matter how Fine or not-so-fine. Its so the patient doesn't have to wonder! Sheesh! I asked her to get the results and call me back with the numbers....took another 4 days. I also asked to have the hard copy mailed to me which I still do not have come to think of it.

Anyway, I was also dragged in to make some kind of quota or make up for some revenue loss at the medical center. You know, its the chronic patients who they bank on. Its the intermittently ill and injured folks that drive up health care costs. I am like money in the bank for them. They give me a long appt....20 or is it 25 minutes, I see the doctor for 3 -7 minutes and its $165 for my insurance company. So you can imagine if I decide on my own to only go once a year how that can affect the bottom line! Sheesh again.

It seems to me that people go to the doctor for three things, cure, treatment and care. Lets face it...the first one aint anything I am gonna get locally any time soon anyway, the second comes in a syringe and all I need is a piece of paper and the UPS man brings that to my door with a smile, so that leaves me with CARE. Now that word can mean a lot of things. And for $165 for 3-7 minutes I should get all the various definitions of the word.
Did somebody say Sheesh??
Sandy in too hot Wisconsin

----- Original Message ----- From: "Kevin Wolfthal" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>