My name is Rita.  I am in snowy Cleveland, OH.  I was diagnosed with TM
Memorial Day weekend 2007 at the C-4/C-5 region, apparently from a virus I had
3 weeks prior.   With some people introducing themselves I thought it was time
I did to.  I have read your emails and received a lot of helpful information.
So, hello to all of you, some I feel as if I know, and Thank You for the help
you have given me over the past 10 months.

My onset of TM seemed sudden.  The Friday of Memorial Day weekend I was cutting
a friends hair.  I began having a sharp pain in my upper back.  Thought it was
just a kink and tried to work it out.  I them began to have numbness in my left
arm and them into my right.  After dropping my comb a couple time and when I
could barely open and close the scissors I told my friend something was wrong.
Thank goodness I got the last snip in on her hair.  She took me to the hospital
and by the that time I was having a hard time opening my hands and was getting
leg weakness.  After 2 days in the hospital and several x-rays and cat scans a
neurologist order a MRI.  By Sunday he had diagnosed me with TM, checked my
spinal fluids, which were fine and I was sent home on Monday Memorial Day.
Not quite sure what the heck TM was and feeling week,  I thought I would be
better by weeks end and out shopping for flowers for the yard.  Needless to say
but my yard did not get any new plants last summer.  On Tuesday the kids got
picked up for school as I could not drive.  My symptoms began to worsen.  I
began to feel that sharp pain in my neck and back.  As I tried to reach in a
cupboard for a cup my right arm fell and hit me in the face and the pain
worsened.  I started to panic when I tried to call my sister and my fingers
couldn't push the buttons. after numerous tries I got a hold of her.  She came
and called the neurologist and he ordered steroids.  I was very week.  I
remained out of work until mid August.
My symptoms have improved greatly since and I am thankful for that.  However,
my body just doesn't feel right.  I still do have numbness on the right side of
abdomen,  My right arm tricep still isn't doing good and I have a stim unit
here to help it from deteriorating any further.  I still get pain in my neck
and back and in October I began experiencing Lhermittes sign, and I do get so
tired still.  I get a cold burning feeling in my arms and hands and they aren't
cold to the touch.  If something cold touches my fore arms it feels like it
burns.

Has anyone onset been from a virus?  Another thing I experience that my
neurologist thinks is something other than TM is if I am out in and it is windy
or  cold and tense up almost as if to shiver,  my legs stiffen up and I have a
hard time walking.  Has anyone experienced that?

There, I did it, I am now identified!

Rita  (Snowing BIG TIME in Cleveland)